Fancy a fresh, summery cake that doesn't even need to be baked and is vegan? Then you are exactly right here!
The No Bake Amla Cake is not only quick to make and super tasty, it also provides an extra portion of vitamin C.
That sounds great doesn't it?
Working time: 30 minutes
Cooling time: 4-5 hours
- A spring form
- Blender, stir stick or food processor
- 20g almond flour
- 70g coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon amla powder
- 120g vegan biscuits of your choice
- 15g baking cocoa
- 250g cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 170g coconut oil
- 250ml plant drink of your choice
- 70g agave syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- a pinch of salt
- pulp of a lime
- 200g strawberries
- Some strawberries for garnish
That's how it works:
- First, line your springform pan with parchment paper.
- Then you crush the biscuits and mix them with almond flour, baking cocoa, coconut butter, a pinch of salt and amla powder.
- Then fill the dough into the mold and press it firmly.
- Now put the base in the fridge until the cream is ready.
- Now puree the cashew nuts for the cream. The consistency will be creamier if you soak the seeds in water overnight.
- Now mix the pureed cashews with 130g of the coconut oil, agave syrup, plant drink (we used almond drink), the pulp of the lime and the pulp of the vanilla bean.
- Now put half of the cream on the cake base and put the cake briefly in the freezer so that the cream hardens.
- Wash strawberries and remove the stems.
- Now add the remaining coconut oil and the strawberries to the other half of the cream and mix or puree well.
- Now spread this cream on the cake and let it cool for 4-5 hours.
- Then you can garnish the Amla Cake with a few strawberries or whatever you like.
- Take the cake out of the fridge and enjoy! :-)
Tip from the team against food waste:
Vanilla pods can still be used after removing the pulp.
How about a delicious amla vanilla milk, for example? So the rest of your plant drink can still be used.
Simply boil 750ml almond milk with the vanilla bean. Then add 2 level teaspoons of amla powder, agave syrup and cinnamon to taste.
Bon appetit. :-)
If you would like to be informed directly about the latest blog posts, please follow us Instagram ! :-)